[MUD-Dev] Re: [Meta] other activities

Matthew Mihaly the_logos at achaea.com
Tue Apr 11 19:13:08 CEST 2000

On Tue, 11 Apr 2000, Jeff Freeman wrote:

> From Dominic J. Eidson:
> >Okay - so I had to ask... Other than me and Raph - is anyone else down
> >here in the Austin area? And, if so - anyone who might be interested in
> >one of them dinner things? :)
>
> In Dallas, I'm close.
>
> On an almost completely unrelated note:
>
> Our players are having a RL get-together in DC.  That's a pretty
> frightening thought.  Anyone else ever go to a player gathering?  I mean,
> for a small mud.  I try not to even meet the players in-game, unless they
> don't know its me.  Not sure what to make of meeting them face-to-face.

I've been to quite a number of meets for small muds. Whether they are fun
or not depends largely on the mix of people there. If you have a room full
of erm, socially-inept types, it can be an awfully long
day/evening/weekend.

Not been to one for Achaea yet, although this summer Achaea is having the
official Achaea 2000 (A2k =) meet in Missouri, at Meremac state park.
We've set up a per-person price for a 4 night stay, including a paintball
match organized with teams delineated by in-game citizenship, and a river
float trip, all breakfasts and lunches, etc. We've got players coming from
all over the States, Europe, etc. It'll be fun (although I am truly
fearing the paintball game, as I suspect that I am going to be target #1,
maybe even for whatever team I end up on!).

>From a practical point of view, I find that meets can strengthen player
bonds. It's another form of interaction for your community.

--matt