[Meta] Re: [MUD-Dev] Threads on Meta that should be on MUD-Dev

J C Lawrence claw at kanga.nu
Wed Apr 12 00:00:22 CEST 2000

On Tue, 11 Apr 2000 23:27:36 -0700 (PDT)
Par Winzell <zell at alyx.com> wrote:

> Meta is a young list. I'm sure we'll acquire the discipline to
> cross lists when need arises. If Meta vanished overnight I suspect
> it's already been so successful that somebody would set up a
> replacement and I do not see how that gains anybody anything.

There's an amusing principle under there that applies to MUDs quite
well:

  When you give people a way to interact and communicate and they
use it, and you then take it away, you WILL get an explosion and
they WILL put it back themselves, somehow.

There's usually little sense in fighting that battle.  This is
rather applicable, if indirectly, to the current situation with EQ
and object/character sales, or UO's early experience with ICQ.

J C Lawrence                                 Home: claw at kanga.nu
----------(*)                              Other: coder at kanga.nu