[MUD-Dev] Fw: 16K mud server competition !

Hans-Henrik Staerfeldt hhs at cbs.dtu.dk
Wed Apr 12 12:50:43 CEST 2000

On Mon, 10 Apr 2000, Derek Snider wrote:
> > Hmm... nothing in the rules specifically prohibits creating your own
> > GP language... :-)
>=20
> Yeah, but your GP language and the MUD code and data all combined
> would have to fit in 16K ... that's getting pretty tight.
>=20
> What's the smallest size that anyone's been able to get MUD networking
> code down to? (Written in C or C++)  Does it include buffered input/out=
put?
> Full error checking?   ...just curious...  I feel that the networking c=
ode
> is going to take up around 4K of valuable space... unless I'm way off.

I got it down to 2K C, buffered, no or very little error checking,
and practicly unreadable.

Hans Henrik St=E6rfeldt   |    bombman at diku.dk    | work:  hhs at cbs.dtu.dk=

address:                |___  +45 40383492    __|__       +45 45252425   =
  __|
 Dybendalsvej 74 2. th, | Scientific programmer at Center for Biological =

 2720 Vanl=F8se, Danmark. |  Sequence Analysis, Technical University of D=
enmark|