[MUD-Dev] Re: Family, was characters per account

Matthew Mihaly the_logos at achaea.com
Fri Apr 14 05:08:59 CEST 2000

On Thu, 13 Apr 2000, Paul Schwanz - Enterprise Services wrote:

> > Quite right. I banned children in Achaea over a year ago because of the
> > first problem. I have yet to figure out a solution. The last thing I want
> > is some emotionally destraught housewife making a bit stink after some 16
> > year old molests her in-game child.
> >
> > --matt
>
> Why would you handle this differently than if some 16 year old raped her in-game
> female character?

Ask mothers what is worse in their minds: Being raped, or having
their little child get raped.

By way of example, in the Garden (where we Gods hang out), we have a
little pet humgii (humgiis are like living trash bins...they are
incredibly cute) called Greedy. We put a little beret on Greedy which he
wears at a jaunty angle. Anyway, I was sitting there the other day, and
suddenly a nasty Celani (servants of the Gods) beat on Greedy out of
nowhere. I really felt paniced and pissed that someone was messing with
Greedy, even though humgiis cannot be killed. I would not have felt
paniced at all had someone attacked me, just irritated at the spam (I also
can't die.)

--matt