[MUD-Dev] meets

Dr Richard A. Bartle richard at mud.co.uk
Sat Apr 15 16:05:40 CEST 2000

Matthew Mihaly [SMTP:the_logos at achaea.com] wrote:

>Just wondering if anyone else has done this before: We're holding a raffle
>in Achaea currently where the winner gets sent to the Achaea 2000 meet.
>Lodging, breakfasts and lunches, and activities paid for, plus $300
>towards travel cost.
	I believe the people at Federation II did something similar a few,
years ago, except it wasn't a lottery: they paid for ALL their support
staff to attend a meet. It cost them a small fortune, but it was worth
every penny.
	When MUD2 was launched on Interplay there was a competition
for a player to attend GenCon. The winner pulled out at the last minute,
as I recall.

		Richard