[MUD-Dev] Spawning and quests

Chris Lloyd crl199 at soton.ac.uk
Sun Apr 16 12:03:32 CEST 2000

-----Original Message-----
From: mud-dev-admin at kanga.nu [mailto:mud-dev-admin at kanga.nu]On Behalf Of
Spin
Sent: 15 April 2000 16:18
To: mud-dev at kanga.nu
Subject: Re: [MUD-Dev] Spawning and quests

>  There is of course a flip side to this. Several times I've been on a mud
>wandering around a new area, reading descriptions, etc, and been
>bombarded with irate tells from players telling me to get out of there so
>it would "repop".

Why not have stop mobs from respawning in their original rooms? There could
be a spawning room in each area (say, a next or a hatchery) where all mobs
start. They then walk to their new, pre-defined posts. If the spawning room
has players in or next to it, there is no respawn. This, at least, might be
better than big (aggressive?) monsters appearing in the room that the
players are standing in without warning.

C.