[MUD-Dev] Justifying twinking

Timothy Dang tdang at U.Arizona.EDU
Tue Apr 18 18:42:49 CEST 2000

On Tue, 18 Apr 2000, Raph Koster wrote:

> TWINKING: the act of assisting a lower level player to advance in the game
> at a much faster rate than they would be able to achieve on their own, via
> the giving of experience (often via XP split systems inherent in grouping
> systems), items, goods, or money.

Do you (or Damion, or anyone else) have opinions about twinking one's own
low-level characters? Of course it bothers me, as one more type of
multiplaying weirdness. But I'm not sure of how it affects play. It could
be argued that it short-circuits gameplay by allowing people to run
through second characters too quickly. But it could also be argued that it
encourages folks to make second characters instead of simply quitting.

Timothy O'Neill Dang / Cretog8
520-321-4015
One monkey don't stop no show.