[MUD-Dev] Justifying twinking

Jeff Freeman skeptack at antisocial.com
Fri Apr 21 12:17:43 CEST 2000

At 10:39 AM 4/20/00 -0500, Todd McKimmey wrote:
>On a side note, frustrated me to no end when starting out on EQ that 90% of
>what was killing me most of the time I either never saw or was looking
>nearly straight at the ground to see. Made me feel even smaller than the 'a
>rat' or 'a small snake' that was prominently displayed above the creature's
>head.

Following that sidenote... what I found most frustrating was that the
higher level we got, the weaker we were (relative to the stuff we were
fighting).  As a level one newbiemonk I was an indestructable hero -
soundly stomping creatures that were my equal, or even (according to /con)
my betters.  By level 38 or so, I was running (and jumping and running and
jumping) from /con="Looks like a total a wimp, but I bet it will kick your
butt" mobs.

I understand, I think, the goal there was to make leveling slower/harder
the higher level you were, but it was still irritating to me as a player.

--
 http://dundee.uong.com/