[MUD-Dev] Spawning and quests (was Sony ban)

Lee Sheldon linearno at gte.net
Mon Apr 24 13:41:53 CEST 2000

This is what we were doing in The Gryphon Tapestry, and is one the primary
ways we were able to create a far richer story-telling environment than
there would have been with dozens of PCs clustered shoulder-to-shoulder in a
single area.  We could create the atmosphere of suspense or romance or
whatever, because the number of people experiencing the moment were the
"proper" number to make it work as drama.  And of course the experience
could be unique to any given PC or party based on how they reacted to the
"fragment."

I think Raph mentioned elsewhere that Might & Magic Online was also doing
something similar.

Lee