[MUD-Dev] MUME poll results (fwd)

Raph Koster rkoster at austin.rr.com
Mon Apr 24 23:51:45 CEST 2000

I believe it is in the FAQ as a "key mud to look at." It's one of the
progenitors of the "whities vs darkies" subgenre of muds (team-based PvP).
One of the commonest events is "All darkies gather to invade the township of
Bree! All whities, defend the gates!." It's always been one of the most
popular and most respected muds. It's set in Middle-Earth (Tolkien). I
played it briefly many years ago. I don't know what codebase they are using,
but it's been heavily modified over many years (It's been around for a
loooong time... at least six years to my personal knowledge, almost
certainly more). One of the most atmospheric muds I've played, certainly.

-Raph