[MUD-Dev] The Player Wimping Guidebook

Matthew Mihaly the_logos at achaea.com
Tue Aug 1 06:37:11 CEST 2000

On Mon, 31 Jul 2000, J C Lawrence wrote:

>       Wiping: is the act of doing a player file wipe. This destroys
>       all player information, including hours played, gold
>       collected, equipment earned, and all other facets of the
>       character. It may or may not include the player's name.

People actually DO this?? I always thought player wipes were just a joke
threat, like the boogie man is to children. My lord, I have an extremely
different sense of "responsibility" than most of you, but for crying out
loud, wiping out your players has got to be the lamest, most asinine
solution to a problem I've ever heard of. If you have to wipe your player
base out to correct a problem in your design, you suck.

--matt