[MUD-Dev] The Player Wimping Guidebook

Matthew Mihaly the_logos at achaea.com
Thu Aug 3 06:14:38 CEST 2000

On Wed, 2 Aug 2000, Koster, Raph wrote:

> [...]

Ok, fair enough.

> In any case, my point was better expressed by another poster. It's all about
> the emotional investment. Either way, we are talking about removing
> something players are emotionally invested in. So we're arguing about how
> much we can hurt someone's feelings before they quit. The answer will vary
> by player. The better answer is where the average breaking point lies for
> your playerbase.

Well, putting it that objectively (and I agree), it then behooves you to
make your game as addictive as possible so that the average breaking
point is raised. (Bandwidth issues aside of course.)

--matt
"He that is wounded in the testicles, or have his penis cut off, shall not
enter into the congregation of the Lord." Deuteronomy 23:1