[MUD-Dev] The Player Wimping Guidebook

Matt Chatterley chattemp at ee.port.ac.uk
Thu Aug 3 11:50:14 CEST 2000

On Wed, 2 Aug 2000, Raph Koster wrote:

> [...]

For me, it would change many of the key dynamics. Instead of purely
designing and coding for pleasure, I would be attempting to create a
profit from it - it introduces elements of marketing, public relations
and of simply ensuring return custom which are just not essential to
non-commercial games.

If a player or group thereof, become disgruntled and leave, giving you
bad press, you have to think about the financial repercussions of such,
not just 'gosh, that was annoying'. Perhaps.

Its not a situation which I've actually been put in yet, mind, so I'm
working from a set of imaginings and assumptions.

-- Matt Chatterley
".. You live for the fight, when its all that you've got .."
		Jon Bon Jovi; Livin' on a Prayer, as always.