[MUD-Dev] Re: Pfile Wiping, etc.

adam at treyarch.com adam at treyarch.com
Fri Aug 4 14:39:34 CEST 2000

On Fri, 4 Aug 2000, rayzam wrote:
>     What we do is every 3-6 months or so, we purge any character not on in 6
> months, who also: is worth less than X exp [where that means newbie], has
> less than X gold, and does not own a castle. This often clears around 3-6k
> names/playerfiles. But the conditions ensure that any player who has
> invested time into the game won't be purged.
>     I'm assuming that many muds also need to run these sort of name purges
> on a semi-regular basis just to have names available for new characters.....

Yep.  I consider this an entirely different category than pwipes; it's
just maintinence.

I have an account system, and I track data like the amount of time played
on the account and the number of times the account has logged into the system.
Accounts which have logged into the system only once I consider prime
candidates for purging after a month or so.

Adam