[MUD-Dev] UO rants

Tess Lowe tess at havensong.com
Sat Aug 26 13:36:56 CEST 2000

John Buehler wrote:
> My pursuits of justice system are to keep players
> uninterested in criminal acts - not to dissuade grief players.

Every reaction to your suggestions thus far seems to have suggested that
what you plan will actively *encourage* grief players. And the only ones
punished by such a justice system are the fair players who look to it for
protection.

If you really want to keep players uninterested in criminal acts, dont code
to allow those acts to happen, or teach your playerbase not to see them as
'criminal'. The warning you're hearing over and over is that trying to
influence players to be less interested in certain activities only
encourages grief players to indulge in them with ever more perverse
pleasure.

nuff said on the subject, I guess.

~Tess Lowe