[MUD-Dev] url for The Hundred Years War

Marc Bowden ryumo at merit.edu
Mon Aug 28 09:03:40 CEST 2000

--On Saturday, August 26, 2000 1:07 PM +0000 Ron Moore
<humano at texas.net> wrote:

> The url is http://www.hyw.com
>
> I believe Threshold was experimenting with player-run kingdoms and
> npc hirelings also.

  The mudlib Threshold uses supports "summonable" NPCs flavored to
each guild (acolytes for clerics, pages for fighters, etc.) and a
clan system which could be compared to a minor fiefdom due to the way
it's run by its players (there's an 'overlord' who appoints other
minor functionaries, etc.).

Marc Bowden - Soulsinger                  D R E A M S H A D O W
Human Resources Director                --------------------------
                                          The Legacy of the Three

dreamer.telmaron.com 3333  or  206.246.120.2 3333  ryumo at merit.edu

"We did not choose to become the guardians, but there is no one else."