[MUD-Dev] UO rants

Paul Schwanz - Enterprise Services Paul.Schwanz at east.sun.com
Mon Aug 28 16:50:24 CEST 2000

> From: Vincent Archer <archer at nevrax.com>

> According to Koster, Raph:
> > Horizons and (I believe) Atriarch rely on racial teams. Shadowbane is taking
> > the more sophisticated approach of having the teams be purely
> > player-driven--essentially very large guilds with the ability to hold
> > territory.
>
> Atriarch is still too closed regarding what kind of gameplay they
> are creating to have a good idea of what they'll do. The Atriarch
> title, notably, may or may not be tied with races (i.e. one atriarch
> per race only). Unless I've missed something hidden deep in one remote
> FAQ unreferenced on their site :)

Yep.  The understanding, whether founded or not, persists among the community
that "factions" can be composed of many races, while growing into city-states
and empires that eventually are led by an Atriarch.  See the Shayun Benu'ul as
an example of an "official" minor faction pursuing this goal.

http://www.hatchling.net/sb/index.html

But World Fusion is definitely keeping the details of team/faction interaction
pretty close to the vest.

--Phinehas

		"All things are permissible,
			but not all things are expedient."