[MUD-Dev] New and looking for a good place to get started...

Peter malaprop at malaprop.org
Mon Dec 4 01:37:15 CET 2000

<<EdNote: Small formatting fixes for readability>>

"Graham Reitz" <gtreitz at students.wisc.edu> wrote:

> I have been programming for many years now, mostly medical
> applications, and I would like to try something new, game
> programming.  RPG's are fascinating an even more interesting are
> MMORPG's which MUD's seem to be a lot like (is that correct?).
>
> Where is a good place to get started (besides this forum)?

Visit http://www.mudconnect.com and use the MUD search engine to pull
up a few MUDs and play them. Then visit ftp://ftp.game.org (there's an
http interface also) and you can download some server code.

On a related note, it seems to me that much of the game.org code is
out of date. Are the updates just hugely infrequent? Is there any
website with current versions/code news (other than each base's home
page)?