[MUD-Dev] \"An essay on d00dism and the MMORPG\"

Koster Koster
Mon Dec 4 12:30:19 CET 2000

Yes, Legend does this, BUT it has an intact global namespace. You just
don't know the name at first, but there's still a unique name
there. All keywords in the description are added as keywords to the
player as well, so that you can refer to them as "blonde" or
"mercenary" or whatever it is they are. And if you know the real name,
then you can always just use it.

UO does not have a global namespace in that there are no unique names.
Caused a lot of hassles, and of course precluded things like "tell"
without additional interface work.

-Raph