[MUD-Dev] Interesting EQ rant (very long quote)

Travis Nixon tnixon at avalanchesoftware.com
Mon Dec 11 19:34:35 CET 2000

----- Original Message -----
From: "McQuaid, Brad" <bmcquaid at verant.com>
To: <mud-dev at kanga.nu>
Sent: Monday, December 11, 2000 6:01 PM
Subject: RE: [MUD-Dev] Interesting EQ rant (very long quote)

> Totally agreed Matthew.  I just found 34 entries under 'everquest
> character' and 'everquest account'.  Now, I probably missed a few,
> but to extrapolate that this accounts for our low churn rate is
> pretty ludicrous.  It's the same type of creative logic used to
> explain away our total subscribers: 'oh, they really don't have that
> many players, because so many people have multiple accounts' :)

While I agree with you in part, don't pish-posh this so quickly.  I
know somebody that has 7 accounts, and I know a LOT of people who have
at least 2.  Most of them were given to them by friends when they
quit, not sold on ebay.

Enough EQ bashing though.  You've still got me as a paying customer.  :)