[MUD-Dev] Moving away from the level based system

Corey Crawford myrddin at seventh.net
Mon Dec 11 17:54:12 CET 2000

<EdNote: Minor reformatting for readability>

Hmm. The first thing I want to say is... Cool Magic System :) I like
the idea that it actually costs the caster mana (energy, whatever) to
maintain the spell, not just cast it.

The second thing that pops into my head is.. your system is all and
well, but you leave out a few things, like:

  How do they gain new spells?
  How do they get a higher IQ?
  How are they different than having a level?

(And honestly, I don't level systems either.. that's why I only have
"general" level that doesn't really reflect a whole lot, just a number
so you kinda have an idea where the character is at.. but I might take
that out as well :)

---
Corey Crawford | myrddin at seventh.net | www.seventh.net