[MUD-Dev] Must infrastructure dictate content? (was: Forks or Frameworks)

Gavin Doughtie gavin at idealab.com
Wed Dec 27 21:51:43 CET 2000

>From the nature of the traffic in response to my original "Forks or
Frameworks" post, it seems like many of you do indeed see the
mechanics of a MUD codebase as inseperable from its content.

Perhaps this is a gross oversimplification, but I see thousands of web
sites, all massively different, all based on HTML and the Apache web
server software. All of the sites benefit from a shared infrastructure
and none are accused of unoriginality (because of that, anyway).

My experience with LambdaMOO suggests that many people enjoy creating
all forms of content once they are freed from the mechanics of
infrastructure programming.