[MUD-Dev] Event Scheduling

Phillip Lenhardt philen at funky.monkey.org
Mon Feb 7 13:10:06 CET 2000

For those of you who have heavy-use event schedulers, what algorithms are
you using? I have implemented my event scheduler in Python using a binary
heap and it can schedule and run somewhere between 100 and 1000 events per
second without falling more than a second behind on a p2 233 machine
running openbsd. I was wondering if anyone was getting significantly
better performance from their scheduler. Examples in Python would be more
relevant to me, but anything would be appreciated.

And if anyone wants to see the code to my scheduler, it is available in
the Moebius distribution availble at http://www.bofh.net.au/mud (which
seems to be down at the moment, *sigh*).

MUD-Dev maillist  -  MUD-Dev at kanga.nu