[MUD-Dev] MUD Specific Building pages

MichelleThompson m.a.thompson at mindspring.com
Sat Feb 12 13:30:27 CET 2000

I am not sure if this is the proper forum for this, but it is related to mud
development, so here goes.

I have been doing a lot of searches on MUD and building  since I undertook
reconstructing the Art of Building ( http:\\www.artofbuilding.eqsdeisgns.com ).

I have found several MUD building pages that have good information on
building. I am seriously considering having a resource page that links to
specific mud building pages sorted by codebase. Style is important, yes, but
style means nothing if a person can not actually build the area. If you would
like your mud to have such a link, I will need the following from you: a url
for the building pages, what codebase you use, what method of editing
you use, and how far that method is from the standard.

Each page that has a link will have a minimum of a good step-by-step tutorial
on how to build on your mud. Additional things that would be nice, tips on
style and planning, guides to writing spec_progs, mob_progs, DG Scripts, etc on
your mud.

Although I still consider style and planning one of the most important
aspects of building, I am striving to make The Art of Building a well rounded
site that perhaps in itself does not touch on all aspects of building (not yet
anyways, give me a few years for that ;), but will at least lead a builder to
where they can get the information.

If your mud site has good technical information on how to build, please email
me the site's information.

Thank you.
Michelle Thompson

MUD-Dev maillist  -  MUD-Dev at kanga.nu