[MUD-Dev] Client side prediction

Koster Koster
Mon Feb 21 09:27:08 CET 2000

You should look at what games like Air Warrior and Warbirds do. There's
well-known solutions out there for minimizing bandwidth and using dead
reckoning. The issues you describe mostly don't apply...

> Basically, when you start to think in that direction you will=20
> be driven
> towards activities that are disjoint, that doesn't require=20
> syncing, that
> doesn't depend on what other people do. That's no good if user-user
> interaction is the main goal.

There's a ton of stuff that you don't need to have be synched except in
terms of shared experience. It doesn't matter if the two observers are =
both
in exact synch as long as both actually get to see the event.=20

-Raph

MUD-Dev maillist  -  MUD-Dev at kanga.nu