[MUD-Dev] Storing tokens with flex & bison

cg at ami-cg.GraySage.Edmonton.AB.CA cg at ami-cg.GraySage.Edmonton.AB.CA
Sat Jan 1 12:50:27 CET 2000

[J C Lawrence:]

> Frankly, just buy the O'Reilly book.  Now.  It will save you untold
> pain.  You may also like to read the Crenshaw compiler tutorial at:
>
>   ftp://ftp.kanga.nu/pub/Devel/Docs/Crenshaw.Compiler.Tutorial.zip
>
> It was posted here a while ago by Jon Lambert if you wish to read it
> that way.

The other such tutorial that has been mentioned here is the one I did
several years ago for a long-defunct Amiga magazine. That consists of
a sequence of 4 articles, and the accompanying full source-code for a
simple compiler that emits Motorola MC68000 object code. It is on my
website (it's called the "Toy" compiler) at:

    http://www.graysage.edmonton.ab.ca/cg/Compilers/Toy/index.html

This was intended as an introduction to compilers for folks who knew about
programming, but not about compilers.

--
Don't design inefficiency in - it'll happen in the implementation.

Chris Gray     cg at ami-cg.GraySage.Edmonton.AB.CA
               http://www.GraySage.Edmonton.AB.CA/cg/

MUD-Dev maillist  -  MUD-Dev at kanga.nu