[MUD-Dev] Admins as Mortals twist

Greg Miller gmiller at classic-games.com
Mon Jan 3 07:57:00 CET 2000

Marian Griffith wrote:
> Hate yes,  but people dislike faceless organisations almost automatically
> And more worrying (from an admin point of view) is  that they do not feel
> restricted to act against such organisations. People generally feel a lot
> less worse about cheating the taxes than about cheating an acquintance.
> If admin are perceived as people,  it will be easier to dislike (and even
> outright hate) one specific person, but hopefully there will be less act-
> ion against the entire staff as a whole.

I doubt it. If people don't interact with the admins, they'll probably
simply not think about them very often. I consider that a good thing,
since admins are more of a necessary evil than anything else. It's been
my experience that people become less angry with machines than people,
and don't stay mad at them as long.
--
http://www.classic-games.com/
Conspiracy theorists mistakenly assume others think before acting.

MUD-Dev maillist  -  MUD-Dev at kanga.nu