[MUD-Dev] An introduction...

Geoffrey A. MacDougall geoffrey at poptronik.com
Thu Jan 6 18:07:21 CET 2000

------_=_NextPart_001_01BF589A.CA945C90

Greetings,

I'm new to this list, and have been lurking for a few days, now.  So, I
thought I'd introduce myself...

Randy Farmer stated -
>I believe that to be on a list, I should be a contributor as well as an
observer.

While I agree wholeheartedly, I also believe it's important to acclimatize
to an environment before engaging with its occupants.  So, with that in
mind, following my introductions, I plan on lurking for a while longer.  :)

www.intangibleproductions.com

At the risk of gooing, let me just state that as a student conducting my
graduate research into the political-sociology of virtual worlds, and as an
aspiring game designer, I'm a little star-struck to be on a list with the
authors (and subjects, for that matter) of many of the papers I have been
reading over the last year and a half.

But I don't doubt that this feeling will pass quite quickly, when I realize
that you're actually a bunch of hacks.  :)

Never the less, I look forward to reading what you have to write, and
hopefully contributing my own ideas to the discussion.

Cheers,

Geoffrey MacDougall
geoffrey at poptronik.com

------_=_NextPart_001_01BF589A.CA945C90

<HTML>
<HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
5.5.2650.12">
<TITLE>An introduction...</TITLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2>Greetings,</FONT>
</P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2>I'm new to this list, and have been lurking for a few =
days, now.  So, I thought I'd introduce myself...</FONT>
</P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2>Randy Farmer stated - </FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2>>I believe that to be on a list, I should be a =
contributor as well as an</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2>observer.</FONT>
</P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2>While I agree wholeheartedly, I also believe it's =
important to acclimatize to an environment before engaging with its =
occupants.  So, with that in mind, following my introductions, I =
plan on lurking for a while longer.  :)</FONT></P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2>www.intangibleproductions.com</FONT>
</P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2>At the risk of gooing, let me just state that as a =
student conducting my graduate research into the political-sociology of =
virtual worlds, and as an aspiring game designer, I'm a little =
star-struck to be on a list with the authors (and subjects, for that =
matter) of many of the papers I have been reading over the last year =
and a half.</FONT></P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2>But I don't doubt that this feeling will pass quite =
quickly, when I realize that you're actually a bunch of hacks.  =
:)</FONT>
</P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2>Never the less, I look forward to reading what you =
have to write, and hopefully contributing my own ideas to the =
discussion.</FONT></P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2>Cheers,</FONT>
</P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2>Geoffrey MacDougall</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2>geoffrey at poptronik.com</FONT>
</P>

</BODY>
</HTML>