[MUD-Dev] Community Relations

Matthew Mihaly diablo at best.com
Thu Jan 20 16:00:08 CET 2000

On Thu, 20 Jan 2000, Rahul Sinha wrote:

> But I believe it is important to note that this is not the issue.  In
> either location, throwing them out because they are Iranian (or Dutch) is
> illegal.  If I can prove that I was thrown out because of my
> race/religion/national origin/etc. then they have violated the law and Bad
> Things happen to them...

You mean it is illegal in some countries, certainly not all.

> Is it _right_ to be capricious?  Note that the question is _not_ whether
> you have this right or not.  You do.  (unless you are banning all the
> Bahiains (a religion) from your mud, in which case you need help) The
> question is, do Good Mud Admins do this sort of thing. (as any true BOFH
> could care less about morality, and to some extent, legality)

See my earlier responses to Raph and Ola demanding to know if this
"rightness" you speak of derives from anything but arbitrary belief on
your part. Asking "Is it _right_ to be capricious." is completely
meaningless unless we all agree to work from the standpoint of the same
morality. Clearly that's not the case.

--matt

MUD-Dev maillist  -  MUD-Dev at kanga.nu