[MUD-Dev] Starlane test

Joel Kelso joel at ee.uwa.edu.au
Sat Jan 22 13:04:50 CET 2000

I'm not sure if this is exactly on-topic for this list,
but it does concern a multi-player persistent network
game, so I thought you might be interested.

I'm currently testing out a server for my "Starlane"
game, and I'm looking for a few test players.  Starlane
is a slow-paced intersteller colonisation game, designed
so that players can log in once a day or so and play
for a few minutes, and interact with other players
through e-mail.  The web page at

	http://ciips.ee.uwa.edu.au/~joel/starlane/

has a few more details.

The client is a Java application, which means installing
it is a little fiddly and requires downloading Java if you
don't have it.  If you're interested in trying it out,
check out the "Arcturus Game" admin page at

	http://ciips.ee.uwa.edu.au/~joel/starlane/Arcturus/admin.html

and send me some email.  There's only one scenario on offer
at the moment ("Earth Company"); you won't start with any units
but you will be able to lease a factory and borrow resources
from the OECD player (me).

Cheers,

Joel Kelso

"I went to see the pool of wisdom but it was empty.  Someone has
 drained the pool of wisdom." - Todd Jones
-- http://ciips.ee.uwa.edu.au/~joel ----------------------------

MUD-Dev maillist  -  MUD-Dev at kanga.nu