[MUD-Dev] Question about multithreaded servers

J C Lawrence claw at kanga.nu
Mon Jan 31 10:08:56 CET 2000

On Mon, 31 Jan 2000 10:37:18 +0100
emil  <iso-8859-1> wrote:

> As a quick FYI (I know others on the list work on Java-based
> implementations), IBM just published a very interesting paper
> called "Java, threads, and scheduling in Linux" that discusses
> these issues:

> http://www-4.ibm.com/software/developer/library/java2/index.html

Thanks.  They're not the first to make those observations, tho I've
lost track of the other articles making similar assertions.

I've added the above link to the library.

> Dan Kegel has a good page on the "C10k problem," or how to handle
> over 10'000 concurrent connections in Linux. I think it's in the
> library but here's a shortcut:

> 	http://www.kegel.com/c10k.html

Its in the library under /Top/Programming/OS Specific/Unix:

  http://www.kanga.nu/library.php3?viewCat=10

(If I could get my external method under Zope working properly we'd
have proper Library URLs blast it)

I've also added a few related thread links under
/Top/Programming/Libraries, and /Top/Programming/FAQs.  Just hit the
"yesterday" or "week" link (depending on how old this message is) at
the bootom of any library page to see them.

J C Lawrence                                 Home: claw at kanga.nu
----------(*)                              Other: coder at kanga.nu

MUD-Dev maillist  -  MUD-Dev at kanga.nu