Re: [MUD-Dev] Re: [MUD-Dev] RE: [MUD-Dev] Fantasy cliché s (was: Acting casual about casualgamers)

Matthew Mihaly the_logos at achaea.com
Sun Jul 9 08:46:07 CEST 2000

On Sat, 8 Jul 2000, Travis Nixon wrote:

>=20

No no no. We aren't locked into anything. Games wanting 100k players may
be, but seriously, how many of you on this list really give a damn about
those games? How many of you are ever going to work on a game that is
going to attract 100k players?=20

There is this massive potential market out there, and it is large enough=20
and diverse enough, that niche games can survive quite well. Granted, we
still can't just put our imaginations into code and expect a lot of people
to like it. In all areas of entertainment, people like the familiar. I
don't think we need to feel trapped by AD&D though, however brilliant it
might be.

--matt