[MUD-Dev] Re: MUD-Dev digest, Vol 1 #163 - 25 msgs

Dave Rickey daver at mythicgames.com
Tue Jul 18 10:24:10 CEST 2000

-----Original Message-----
From: Greg Miller <gmiller at classic-games.com>
To: mud-dev at kanga.nu <mud-dev at kanga.nu>
Date: Monday, July 17, 2000 9:17 PM
Subject: Re: [MUD-Dev] Re: MUD-Dev digest, Vol 1 #163 - 25 msgs

>  Dave Rickey wrote:

    It is *not* more accurate to equate Grief Players with Killers.  Killers
are defined by their desire to hold and excercise control over other
players, Griefers are defined by their desire to *cause other people grief*.
All Griefers are Killers, but (thank god, considering their numbers) not all
Killers are Griefers.  Not even close.

    This "Killer == Griefer" mentality has prevented us from taking
advantage of the fact that Killers are the *only* players who will act as an
organizational force purely for the sake of organizing.

--Dave Rickey