[MUD-Dev] Sustainable Ecosystem

Raph Koster rkoster at austin.rr.com
Thu Jul 20 18:47:28 CEST 2000

I think the game industry got scared off of it by UO. Then again, I think it
kinda got scared off of PvP and housing too, mostly. :)

> There has been much discussion on whether or not a
> sustainable ecosystem
> would work in a MUD - but I'm simply after info on anyone who
> has attempted
> or is attempting to create one.

Well, UO tried a simulated one, and details on the overall design approach
are in the archives. Search for "resource system", "Maslow", and "UO," that
should find it.

-Raph