[MUD-Dev] Sustainable Ecosystem

Raph Koster rkoster at austin.rr.com
Thu Jul 20 18:59:32 CEST 2000

Actually, at one point I did get a lengthy letter from a researcher into
computer simulation fo ecological systems from the acsdemic world, and he
outlined solutions to all of UO's problems or suggested ssources for further
reading. I alas have lost the letter, but even beyond that, I'm not
interested anymore in getting UO's level of simulation most of the time
because of the level of CPU usage. But in any case, an expert in the field
has assured me that you can in fact have a simulated ecosystem capable of
surviving catastrophic decimation of the overall population. I just have no
idea how. :)