[MUD-Dev] [rpg-create] Maneuvers (fwd)

J C Lawrence claw at kanga.nu
Tue Jul 25 21:33:42 CEST 2000

------- Forwarded Message
To: rpg-create at egroups.com
From: Nathan E Banks Paganini <paganini at madisontelco.com>
Date: Tue, 25 Jul 2000 10:50:49 -0500
Subject: [rpg-create] Maneuvers

I think I'm finally on the right track here. I've been combining some
of Travis' ideas with some of my own. Here's what I've got (listed
acording to category, tabbed according to prerequisite):

STRIKING
 Basic Strike
  Counter Strike
  Multiple Strike
  Nerve Strike
  Ki Strike (ranged)

GRAPPLING
 Hold

DEFENDING
 Block
  Weapon Block
   Weapon Disarm
 Breakfall
 Dodge
 Escape
 Evasion (master avoidance)

MODIFIERS
 Flying
 Moving
 Power
 Spinning
 Takedown

Specific martial arts only allow certain maneuvers (for example,
Aikido or Judo would have allow only the basic strike). They also
alter the cost of modifiers (for example, Judo might allow the
Takedown modifier at a reduced cost). Depending on how detailed the GM
and players want to get, just the basic listing can be used, or
special moves can be created. For example, the Ear Clap maneuver could
be a Power Nerve Strike. A spinning jumpkick would be a Power Flying
Spinning Strike. A charging uppercut could be a Moving Power Takedown
Strike. A throw would be a Takedown Hold in Aikido, or a Power
Takedown Hold in Jujutsu. A Chi Blast would be a Power Ki Strike.

What do you think?

- --
Nathan E. Banks <Paganini>
Tarot Card Holder
ICQ 34492883
http://paganini.teunc.org
- --
"Paganini avoids mediocrity in everything."
                - Nicolo Paganini
------- End of Forwarded Message

J C Lawrence                                 Home: claw at kanga.nu
---------(*)                               Other: coder at kanga.nu