[MUD-Dev] Re: [Meta] New poll

Eli Stevens wickedgrey at wickedgrey.com
Sat Jun 10 13:33:42 CEST 2000

I was polling, and the question below caught my eye.

> Have you ever bought something in a MUD using RL money?
>
> No, and I never would. You need to earn that stuff in-game.
> No, and I never would, that's cheating.
> No, and I never would. Its only a game.
> No, but I might if I thought it would make the game a lot more fun.
> I'm thinking about it, but haven't yet.
> Only a couple times, and I'm not sure I'd do it again.
> Yes, but only when I didn't feel I was getting an unfair advantage.
> Yes, because it was tooo tough to get that stuff in-game.
> Yes, and it makes the game a lot more fun.
> Sure, lots of times

I am not sure, but I do not think that any one of the answers addresses MUDs
like Achaea.  Might there be room for a "Yes, it was supported by the
business model"?

The last two seem to apply, but for me there seems to be an air of "Yes, but
it was against the rules" to them.  *shrug*

Just my $0.015 ...  :)

<//> Silence is golden           RUIN, v.  To destroy.            <\\>
 ||  Eli                         Specifically, to destroy a maid's ||
 ||  wickedgrey at wickedgrey.com   belief in the virtue of maids.    ||
<\\> www.wickedgrey.com            -- Ambrose Bierce              <//>