[MUD-Dev] The Virtues of Small Muds - was (Our player's keepers? )

Jon A. Lambert jlsysinc at ix.netcom.com
Mon Jun 12 02:09:39 CEST 2000

> rayzam wrote:
>
>     This is a very good question. Though personally I think it is harder to
> nail down than those 7 choices. Choices 4 & 5 are for people who don't often
> survive a few years.

sshhhh! you're biasing the poll.
Now nobody is gonna want to pick 4 or 5. ;-)

>     Finally, there's my personal choice: This is my creative outlet. I give
> life to my ideas and imagination, and my work on the mud is an artistic
> endeavor.
>     This makes it different from (6), because some people aren't in it for
> the challenges of programming, but the challenges of the 'inner eye'.

That's a good addition.
8) I'm an artist with a creative vision.  Muds are my potter's wheel, my
  pen and writing desk, or my canvas and palette.

and how about..

9) I am a academic.  I wish to study the dynamics of social interaction,
psychological implications, economics, politics or other implications and
potentials of virtual worlds.

And another possible poll more directed at scale.

The mud I want to administer, develop, code, or build has....
1) 100000+ users
2) 10000+ users
3) 1000+ users
4) 500+ users
5) 250+ users
6) 100+ users
7) 50+ users
8) 10+ users
9) Just me, Bubba, Boffo and Biffy
10) Just me.

ObAside: I just noticed I stutter and leave out crucial words when I
attempt to post post complete sentences awkwardly constructed.  Pointing
out might this cause me trauma and of self-esteem.  Do so our mutual
peril.   My apologies...  8-/

--
--* Jon A. Lambert - TychoMUD        Email:jlsysinc at ix.netcom.com *--
--* Mud Server Developer's Page <http://tychomud.home.netcom.com> *--