[MUD-Dev] Remote client connection

AR Schleicher ars at iag.net
Sun Jun 18 17:16:08 CEST 2000

Just a comment on the technology aspect: I just (Thursday) got one of the
fairly new Palm V wireless modems from OmniSky (www.omnisky.com).  It's
full, flat rate unlimited wireless internet access, and while the areas it
works in are somewhat limited, I've used it so far in Orlando, FL and
Chicago, IL, with no problems.

I've got a telnet client on my Palm V, and almost used it for gaming this
weekend while waiting for some people to show up. :)  (Ended up chatting in
IRC instead.)

A Palm V plus this modem isn't cheap today, but at some point, I suspect
something with similar capabilities will be.

AR Schleicher
ars at iag.net

---
Allison Rae Schleicher IV (AR)