[MUD-Dev] MUD timeline

Koster Koster
Wed Mar 8 10:25:29 CET 2000

Was it in fact a revised/remake of Aradath, or was it its own thing?

> Under 1989 add:
>
> Simutronics launches Orb Wars on GEnie.

Out of all the Simutronics games, this is the one I know absolutely nothing
about. Any details?

> Under 1996 add:
>
> Splatterball (the first 3D graphical MMPG?) published by Engage (from
> Interworld Productions -- soon to be Mythic Entertainment)

Dunno if it's first. AlphaWorld almost certainly predates it, and Meridian
59 *may* also depending on the month.

> Under 2000 add:
>
> Dark Age of Camelot (a large-scale graphical MMPG) announced by Mythic
> Entertainment.

No fair, you had JUST announced when I started gathering the info for the
timeline. ;) I am looking forward to seeing this at GDC. You gonna be there,
able to show it to me?

> There are several other published Mythic-made MMPGs I left out
> (Magestorm-97, Darkness Falls-97, Aliens Online-98,
> Godzilla-98, Starship
> Troopers-98, Silent Death-99, Darkness Falls: Crusade-99,
> Spellbinder-99 --
> most of which run on Gamestorm or AOL), but they weren't really ground
> breaking so I didn't add them.  If you want them, I can give
> more details.

Yeah, I want to stick to the groundbreaking stuff, unless it's useful for
showing "design lines" or the movment of key people or innovators from place
to place.

-Raph

MUD-Dev maillist  -  MUD-Dev at kanga.nu