[MUD-Dev] CGDC dinner

J C Lawrence claw at kanga.nu
Fri Mar 17 16:03:04 CET 2000

On Thu, 16 Mar 2000 13:06:06 +0100
Joel Dillon <jo at trolltech.com> wrote:

> Derek Snider (derek at idirect.com) spake thusly:
>> We'll have to make the MUD-Dev GDC dinner a yearly thing, and
>> next time see about getting a round table (or at least something
>> more like the arrangement for the round-table discussions).

>   How about a European one as well? Anyone else here interested?

I would like to hear of this happening, (if only for my rare
European treks).

Writing as list owner:

  Par, and a few of the other Silicon Valley locals have raised the
idea of doing a more frequent dinner meet, possibly even as often as
monthly.  There's definite interest in doing this, and of course
there would be sumarries (hopefully a little more detailed than mine
for the last dinner) posted back to the the list.

  However, this raises a potential problem: Noise.  Such meetings
require coordination; where do we meet, no not there, how about over
here, what day, sorry I can't make it, was XYZ there, etc.  That
traffic doesn't belong on this list, there's a potential for quite a
lot of it, and yet the activity itself is in direct support of
MUD-Dev's purposes.

  To this end I'v created a "meta" list at Kanga.Nu.  The charter is
appropriately loose: meta topics relating to kanga.nu activities
(for instance I'm looking forward to discussing some of the
forthcoming deign changes in Kanga.Nu there).  Please see, and feel
free to subscribe to:

and subscribe at will.

J C Lawrence                                 Home: claw at kanga.nu
----------(*)                              Other: coder at kanga.nu