[MUD-Dev] Object and class heirarchies -- are they really nec essary?

Brian Ashburn BAshburn at us-south.net
Tue Mar 28 15:00:57 CEST 2000

	On  Mon, 27 Mar 2000, Lazarus wrote:

>Not wanting to start a religious war, but no way to say it any other
way,
>it has been said that multiple inheritance is the crutch of a poorly
>designed class structure..  about half way between 'goto' and 'void
>casting'.

The one thing I want to say about multiple inheritance is that if you
refer to the book Design Patterns, they speak of object composition.
You can use multiple inheritance in a good way if you think of it that
way.  When you make a house you put a lot of different objects together
to create the window of that house.
Brian