[MUD-Dev] RE:Troublemakers and their M.O.

Lovecraft dave at darkages.com
Thu Mar 30 15:31:03 CEST 2000

From: Chris Jacobson <fear at technologist.com>

> On 3/30/00 1:35 AM, Baldur Norddahl (bbn at nkdev.dk) stated:
> 'bitch' channel that people can tune into and swear all they want.

Glad it's effective.  I've wondered if a free-form bulletin board somewhat
like you describe to allow ventilation would clean up the other bulletin
boards.

> An idea I've been plannning is a 'karma' system

I created a karma score in Nexus: The Kingdom of the Winds
(www.NexusTK.com).  Although karma is not original to this game, it's worth
viewing to see the difference between intention and consequence in game
design.  TK Karma doesn't reach my naive goal, which would be what
Theravedic Buddhism teaches of the term kamma.

Dave Kennerly             *             A world to live in
Game Director             *             http://www1.darkages.com