[MUD-Dev] Advogato

Raph Koster rkoster at verant.com
Sat May 6 23:09:26 CEST 2000

[snip]
> I can easily see how something like this might apply to, say, a network
> infrastructure, but I fail to understand how it might be helpful in
> "defining online communities, reliably excluding spammers,
> trolls, and other
> common annoyances."

The imemdiate application I see for it is that when used in combination with
any sort of reputation system, it can prevent false reputations from
developing via cliques and the like. Reputation system defined as any
instance where an interaction with another player can result in a chit of
some sort, a positive or negative assessment of the interaction, being
applied by one character to another.

-Raph