[MUD-Dev] \"An essay on d00dism and the MMORPG\"

Steve {Bloo} Daniels sdaniels at playnet.com
Wed Nov 29 16:28:53 CET 2000

Travis Casey wrote:

> about being asked for a name, and then having the software check it
> and suggest possible changes to make it fit the language?

This is the only method you suggest that bothers me.
On EQ and other games, to go to the trouble to think
of a good name and have it be rejected because it's
inappropriate irks me and just makes me want it all the
more.

Of all your suggestions, I think choosing from a generated
list is ideal.  Especially if you can choose your own
nickname.

bloo