[MUD-Dev] Re: Convincing Players to Read Documentation

Richard Tew richard.tew at wiredgroup.com
Wed Oct 4 11:31:47 CEST 2000

> From: Marc Bowden [mailto:ryumo at merit.edu]
> --On Tuesday, October 3, 2000 7:42 AM +1300 Richard Tew wrote:
> > Is it worth putting in a help document for the topicname topic? :)
> >
>=20
>   We have one, because of this incident. =3D) Thus, the logging. =
That's=20
> how we get most of the more far-out helps, like the help doc for=20
> bigamy. I swear, people demand help on the most mind-boggling things.

While my mud hasn't seen a player for years since I got rid of them by
adding all sorts of advanced and unplayable features, are you sure these
sorts of players are worth keeping?  And what advantages do you consider
you get out of dumbing down your mud so that they stay - i.e. by having
this less fortunate section of the population still around?

Richard.