[MUD-Dev] Mud / Web Integeration

Richard Tew richard.tew at wiredgroup.com
Fri Oct 6 15:21:03 CEST 2000

> From: Lee Hulbert [mailto:hulbert at superior.net]
>=20
>  The idea of help files available on web pages ahs given me an
>  interesting idea.  Has anyone thought of giving new players=20
> a web page and
>  graphical
>  (Java,cgi,perl, whatever) interface for creating a new=20
> character?  Put the
>  basic character creation functions into a web form, and=20
> allow the players
>  adjust their choices at will before creating a final=20
> character file.  Maybe

Very feasible.  Theres discussion on this in the list archives
just before mid 1997 (just encountered it).  We also came up
with it independantly on my mud a year or so ago - in fact due
to the complexity of the login process we devised (spec posted
to rec.games.mud.admin long ago) it seemed like a logical
option to give.

Richard - Donky at Nameless Sorrows (http://nameless-sorrows.org:3002)
[ Getting sick of typing a sig by hand ]