Side note (was: Re: [MUD-Dev] Criminalize Community Volunteers?)

Brian 'Psychochild' Green brian at psychochild.org
Thu Sep 7 09:43:58 CEST 2000

"Koster, Raph" wrote:

> start quote--->
> On Sat, 13 May 2000 20:47:55 -0700, "Bob Perez"
> <bob at deletethis.bobperez.com> wrote:
>
> >I find it interesting that in Steve Bauman's article (cited below),
>
> [[the article referred to is at
> http://www.cdmag.com/articles/027/136/retailb_feature.html]]
>
> > the
> >discussion suggests that massive multiplayer online games represent a great
> >new opportunity for the industry [primarily because of the recurring
> revenue
> >model] and that the only skeptical comment comes from Trip Hawkins.
> Hawkins,
> >head of 3DO (publishers of Meridian 59) seems to think that the MMORPG
> >market is technologically cool but not very successful from a business
> >perspective. Someone should politely point out to him that maybe his
> >perspective is more a result of Meridian 59 than the genre itself.
>
> <---end quote

Don't even get me (or any of the other former M59ers) started.  I/We
could go on for hours, if not days.

Executive summary:  Fucking clueless.  And, that's the nicest thing I
could think of to say.

Burning bridges all the way, baby.  Am I in a foul mood or what?

--
"And I now wait / to shake the hand of fate...."  -"Defender", Manowar
     Brian Green, brian at psychochild.org  aka  Psychochild
      |,4-  ) )-,_..;\ (  `'-'    holders for code that works.'"
     '---''(_/--'  `-'\_)         - Andrew Kirmse, Meridian 59 creator