[MUD-Dev] Game Balance and Mortal Complaints

SmokEater952 at aol.com SmokEater952 at aol.com
Fri Sep 8 01:02:10 CEST 2000

Well, I don't really know where to take this but I though I would look for
some answers from all of you.

I am a IMM on a mud that is about six (6) years old now. Over the course of
time it has be plagued with imm's that built without regard to game balance.
We now have a few imm's that want to change this and have worked hard and
long to make the changes to bring the game back into balance so that we can
move the game forward again.  This has brought much criticism from the
MORT's. I am afraid we may lost some of our clients, players, because of
these changes. The game went from being a cake walk to being difficult once
again.

I guess I am looking for ways to handle the PR aspect of these sort of
changes, or the question of should they have been made at all. Should we have
left it alone and just made sure that all new adds where balanced? I find
myself in a tight spot as I am in charge of both RP and LAW. Not a good combo
to have I guess. Or am I just to worried about what the MORT's think and
should me thoughts be more on making sure that we have a world that is
balanced?

Sulux