[MUD-Dev] Are eBay sales more than just a fad?

Matthew Mihaly the_logos at achaea.com
Tue Sep 12 19:04:26 CEST 2000

On Tue, 12 Sep 2000, Dave Rickey wrote:

>     But why (from an executive's viewpoint) settle for making $15 on the
> player-to-player sale of a $150 UberWeapon, when you could sell the same
> thing outright and take the whole $150 as pure profit?

Quite right! We don't allow the transfer of items bought from us with real
money, because we don't really see any reason to cannibalize our own
magical-artifact-selling business by allowing other people to get in on
it.

Boy, I can't wait for the rest of the industry to start adopting our
model. You can fight it, but our model is the future, like it or not.

--matt